Saturday 14 May 2011

What Is Graphic Design For? (Functions/Purposes)

Functions/Purposes that interest me:

- Advertise
- Educate
- Humour

ADVERTISE:

FSI from Audi

Audi has some great adverts. I particularly like this as a still with the clever catch line as some petrol engines are renowned for guzzling fuel.

EDUCATE:



This is a clever use of typography and a very visual way of displaying dyslexia. It's a great way to educate people, as this is how some people with dyslexia see words. The letters are in the correct place but not the right way round etc.



HUMOUR:



Everyone likes things that make them laugh. I like Graphic Design that makes me laugh, or even just smile. This made me smile.

*This next piece may offend*



Usually, I hate this word. But it looks so much better hand lettered!

No comments:

Post a Comment