Friday 6 May 2011

What Is Graphic Design For? (Media/Processes)

Media/Processes that interest me:
- Print
- Handcrafted
- Photography
- Screen

- PRINT:

I can't find it anywhere on the internet but the TGI's cocktail menu is a fantastic example of print, on great stock. It's a matte finish type card, with a really soft smooth surface, with a spot varnish on the front. I must try and find one! Or 'borrow one'.

- HANDCRAFTED:




By a guy called Martin Pyper, the theme was 'boring'. I personally think its really cool, and you can tell where he got bored and didn't finish but never the less it looks good.


- PHOTOGRAPHY:




One of my favourite all time photographs. I don't think I need to say much more about this photo it speaks for itself. When I saw this in the National Portrait Gallery I was immediately taken in, a fantastic example of Black and White photography. It's incredibly feminine and tres chic!



This is an incredibly strong piece, the word strong wouldn't need to be there if it wasn't the title, as the photograph itself is very dominating and powerful, with the strong lines of the ballet dancer.

-SCREEN:


Symmetry from Everynone on Vimeo.

Cool film by Everynone, a set of film makers from New York. Such a simple set of ideas but executed into a really clever bit of film.




DCM's new ident! Awesome! I couldn't wait to go to the cinema to see if this was used. It's much better on the big screen, you can really experience the surround sound and stunning visuals.

No comments:

Post a Comment