Tuesday 10 May 2011

Graphic Equalizers

After deciding on wanting to incorporate some kind of graphic equalizer into my work, I needed to research how they operate visually. And what kind of equalizer or audio spectrum would be appropriate to my work...



This was created with the software Maya, I like how the way the bars appear to look like neon lights and the use of opacity for the bars that aren't fully 'lit'.



I like the colours used for this one, however I am not as keen on the solid bars.





This, I believe, is an effect in After Effects, according to the caption it took an hour to render, my only question why? I can't see why someone would want to use a preset effect to a track that isn't theirs, none of it is the users work. I do like the glowing red though.



This is different to the others I have looked at, as this has been built. Visually, this is fantastic, the bright blue works against the black, however, I prefer bars rather than dots.




Seriously cool. I haven't actually seen one like this that operates like that, they are either 2D or 3D but not rotating on a Z-axis like this!




This is what I don't want to create - the track is awful (which I know is slightly irrelevant) and the graphics are messy, and the flashing is annoying. Rant over.



Not aesthetically pleasing exactly, but this is how I would like the structure of my equalizer to be. This may also be helpful when working out the movement.



Well this is different, the equalizer, for a change isn't the main focus. I like the 'debris' that appears to move with the music. Great track too!



Another example of what I don't want to create. I don't like the glow, it's distracting and naff, and I don't like the idea of the separate squares being divided up, from what I have seen it looks neater for the square to appear or not, not to have half a square, if that makes any sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment