Friday 20 May 2011

Downtempo and Dubstep Visuals

After my chat with Fred I now realise I have to grasp the visual language of the music rather than creating my own. Downtempo is the only one I have not grasped yet, and to further my design development I think it is essential. The genre of downtempo is very relaxed and almost hypnotic with its loops.


The front cover for this really portrays downtempo, the colours of the lingering smoke look quite hypnotic. I could see this working really well as a moving visual.


This is a very simplistic design, and portrays the minimal type of music.


I love this man! Awesome music, the image on the front cover is where the music takes you, it's so relaxing yet catchy. Although I won't be using photographic imagery for my work.



Really effective cover, the flow of the illustrations echo the flow of the chill out music, and the text works well with the illustrations. The colours portray relaxation and tranquility too, as they aren't too vivid.



Looking at album covers is important as it's the only place really where people will see visuals for Dubstep, there isn't a lot of it on TV apart from the album covers when promoting new albums.











The imagery for these are much cleaner and tidy looking compared to the Drum and Bass visuals.

No comments:

Post a Comment