Monday 28 November 2011

Colours for my target audience

I have been looking into colours that the older generation may prefer/ be able to see. My font choice will be influenced by what would be easier for someone who may be partially sighted to read.

I found a forum on designerstalk.com that helped to solve this problem...




These logos are quite bright and eye catching. I think the age UK logo would be an easier logo to read. The Help The Aged logo looks quite sinister, as the association of yellow for me is a hazard or warning. The font for age UK looks quite friendly compared to Age Concern, as it is quite rounded without any sharp serifs.

This is a friendly looking logo for Saga, an over 50s insurance, travel magazine to accompany a very user-friendly website:




Then I found this little gem:

A PDF for a web designer who kindly posted it to the forum...



No comments:

Post a Comment