Saturday 26 November 2011

2. Logo

I have done a few scribbles for 4Leisure, although I will leave it at this for now, until my crit on Monday as I am still not 100%.

Looking at existing logos:

E4, E4+1 and E4 HD logo.
The bubble style and vibrant purple communicate fun, which is representative of the channels content. The +1 has been added in the same style and the bubble extended. This works really well. The HD logo isn't quite as rounded as the lettering for the main logo, I am not sure why this has been designed like this, if I had designed it I would have the type in keeping with the rest.





Channel 4, +1 and HD logo.
The iconic 4 logo is still a timeless design, the +1 version is clever as it just says +1 but these two characters still make up the number 4. The HD logo is strange as the type is completely different from the style of the logo - but I suppose this shows a modern development to a classic channel.







More 4 Logo.
This is a very simple but effective design, not overcomplicated but equally as eye catching. The +1 logo is just an extension using the same typeface, a modern sans serif rounded style.




The new More 4 logo as of January 2012.



Film 4, +1 and HD logo.
- The colours are the same throughout, and keep the same design. With the +1, two more squares are added at the side one under the other with the + and 1, still in keeping with the style. The HD logo is slightly different with it being red on white, unlike the white on red.








No comments:

Post a Comment