Tuesday 25 January 2011

Top Ten... Potential Fonts for the Title

I decided I wanted the font for the title of my programme to be a handwritten font, a font that flowed and was most importantly, feminine.

Throw My Hands In The Air:

This is a really clear typeface, it's feminine and definitely a handwritten style, however I would like a font that was perhaps joined up.

Sunshine in my Soul:

This is a great handwritten font, however I don't think this is entirely appropriate for how I visualise my sequence.


Jellyka Estrya:

At first I thought this would be suitable, but then I decided some of the letterforms are a little too sharp, and it doesn't have the flow I am looking for.


Never Let Go:

This does fit all my criteria, however, I am not so keen on all the letterforms being joined up as it changes the legibility, especially in a handwritten font. I am looking for something elegant, and I am not sure this fits that.


Dawning of a New Day:


This fits with the kind of font I set put to use, it's not too joined up, it's clear.


Honey Script Light:

I think this would be a really suitable font to use, I can imagine this working really well, after seeing how the Bewitched word animates in the title sequence I think this could work really well.



Bickley Script Regular:

This font is absolutely perfect, it is very similar to something I had attempted to draw while chicken scratching. It is a font used by Benefit, which is a company Alice had referred me to during my crit. My only issue is that it isn't a free font so unless I create something very similar with the pen tool, I will have to stick with the Honey Script font.

2 comments:

  1. post-crit feedback:

    the most important issue to be addressed is with the wording of your title/target audience.
    'top 10 female icons' on a TV listing might attract some women to tune in expecting a program about 'iconic' strong women...florence nightingale/thatcher etc and then find the program to have the aesthetics of the typefaces you have chosen and looking at the content of your context blog, the pink/hearts/glittery sort of look.
    your current approach i would say lends itself to a title like, 'top 10 hollywood icons of 2000s', or 'top 10 female celebrities of the year'.

    consider the associations with using words like female vs feminine, or icon vs star. they must be employed carefully. Lorraine agreed with pav and me so don't worry we are not just making a ill-advised comment from a male perspective i don't think

    ReplyDelete
  2. There no problem with me regarding the idea Gemma. The style that you’ve got in mind would work really well.
    The only concerns I’ve got is that your idea needs to be more resolved. The concept is in place but there’s no storyboard evidence to show what will happen over the 50 seconds…as well as the smaller idents. I think you need to establish a clear idea and then stick to it.
    The idea you showed me regarding the draw out type looks really good though.
    Brian.

    ReplyDelete