Wednesday 13 October 2010

Seventies Typography...

To help me with my design for the seventies logo, I will begin to collect a selection of seventies style type faces. The first three are really cool and would even make good shop names, the words and type are representative of the seventies, and so it would be quite appropriate...





The following are taken from Modern Encyclopedia of Typefaces 1960-90 by Lawrence W Wallis:


This font is quite funky but still legible, this would make a good font for a shop sign, as it is bold, clear and representative of the seventies era.


This font would be good to use for any information, as it is clear, I probably wouldn't use it for a sign as at the minute I am thinking of using a typically seventies font.

This is a really cool font, however if I was going to use a font like this it would need manipulating to get rid of all the flicks at the left of each letter, as it would make the text look abit chaotic and tacky.

No comments:

Post a Comment