Sunday 25 September 2011

Research Visit



First research visit of the third year with; Hazel Gage, Brady Miller, Sarah Frackleton and Sophie Herring! We bumped into fellow designers; Jonny Finch, Rob Green and Naomi Farrararar :)



Also accidentally dropped my camera so apologies for some of the images, the focus no longer works!




The Night and Day cafe... and the amazing book shop, Magma next door! Where a lot of us hammered our loans!

It was an enjoyable day, although the print fair was not quite what I was expecting, I found it to be a lot of illustration based work, for design's sake, rather than having a purpose... Although Amber has said in the past this type of work tends to sell! I did purchase a cool beer mat/business card, poster and a photo...



Cool photo from Alex Hoggarth- who was delighted at the prospect of us third years travelling from Leeds to the print fair!


Funny poster from Good Grief!

Awesome artwork on a building in the distance, it reminded me of Avatar.



A huge poster outside House of Fraser... how I would love to have a piece of work that big in a city!



Some cool type...





I first saw this Stella ad the other day on the way to Bradford Infirmary (visiting Jamie F) and loved it but I did not have a camera. Not only do I like the visual but the clever meaning especially how the men in the picture are supposed to represent the triple filtered and the smooth outcome is the woman... OR that's how I read it anyway.
Luckily I saw this in Manchester Victoria station when I was equipped with a camera...





No comments:

Post a Comment